1. We take enquires and bookings by Phone, Text message, E-mail and Facebook messenger. Payments are received via cash or bank transfer; Paypal, Card. Other platforms will also hold your data as part of their business, ie Paypal will need your address to process payments
2. Personal data we hold includes Forename, Surnames, Addresses, E-mail addresses and Phone numbers. If you contact Galavans Pet Assistance with an enquiry you are not obligated to provide any of this information unless you would like to progress your enquiry to an initial meeting or to book a service. We will keep details of enquiries for up to 1 month to enable you to proceed to a booking, unless you request otherwise. If the booking is made the information will be kept until the booking is completed.
Your information will not be used for any other purposes and will be kept as a paper record, you will recieve a carbon copy of this.
We do not store your details electronically.
For clients that have made one or more bookings we will keep the information above on file, until all bookings are completed or either party cancels. We will also require emergency contact, pet and alarm/lock codes details. The legal basis for these is contractual and legitimate interest. Please note your pets data is not covered by this legislation however we will delete/amend information provided it is no longer required.
3. Once you become a client hard copies of your details are filed and locked away when not in use for reference or to enable emergency cover to take over care.
We also store your messages on the platform they were received if we may need to refer back to them untill the booking is completed, then they are destroyed.
We will hold on to any data for the length of time required by law.
HMRC is currently 6 years.
We will share relevant pieces of your data, strictly only if necessary to comply with legal obligations, protect our clients, pets or their property and enforce our service agreements. This may include but isn't limited to:
*Emergency pet care cover
4. If you make a payment via bank transfer or card the banks will keep your details for as long as necessary. Galavans Pet Assistance do not have any control over this as they will be covered by their own regulations. We do accept cash payments. Both cash and bank payments will be recorded in our accounts.
5. All of our appointments are recorded in a paper diary , no personal data is recorded within, only pets names recorded. This is locked away when not in use. We do not use this data for anything else other than to keep our appointments.
6. We upload photos of our clients' pets to our Facebook, google business account and website. Photos may also be used for leaflets/cards and other marketing. We do not identify our clients, anything which may identify you other than your pets will not be used or the personal information obscured (name tags for example). You may opt out of this in writing at any time.
7. Galavans Pet Services will not send marketing material to you at any time. We will however ,contact you to discuss your pets needs, send updates, arrange/change bookings, send reminders of your legal and contractual obligations etc.
8. You can legally request the data we hold about you, amend it or ask for it to be deleted unless we are legally required to hold on to it. You will always be given a carbon copy of the information we hold at our intial meeting. You also have the right to restrict how your data is shared unless we are legally bound.
If you have any questions or concerns about the data we hold you can contact us at email@example.com uk.
You also have the right to contact the information commissioner's office if you think your data has been collected, used and shared inappropriately www.ico.org.uk